Tripping & Slipping Compensation Claims in Newcastle under Lyme & Stoke-on-Trent

11:21am 13/05/16

Tripping and slipping injuries are quite common and often happen in public or work places. Tripping and slipping can cause a wide variety of injuries which range from the minor to the very serious and can cause long term, damaging effects.

If you’ve recently had a trip or slip that’s resulted in an injury you may be eligible for a compensation claim. There are three main types of tripping and slipping compensation claims, and these depend on the location of the accident.

Types of Trip & Slip Compensation Claims

At work – if you have a slip or trip at work this falls under an employers’ liability claims (see our ‘accidents at work page‘ for more information).

A building or private land – these claims are often brought under the duty arising in the Occupiers Liability Act 1957, and information can be found on the ‘claims involving land and buildings’ page.

On a highway or footpath – this is one of the most common areas for a claim. A duty exists on the local highway authority to maintain and repair if there’s a defect serious enough to amount to dangerous defect which has been present for reasonably long enough time.

Expert Compensation Claims Solicitors

We offer a free initial interview on most claims and at this stage we’ll ascertain whether there is a compensation claim and what the next steps are. Here we’ll discuss the trip or slip and the effect that this has had on you, this will then provide is with an idea of what the claim is worth.

If you think you’re entitled to compensation, then please contact a member of our team for more information. We specialise in working throughout Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Market Drayton and surrounding areas.